This post is a week late. Due to family life, my mind could not focus on a suitable theme, so am combining my comfort things into one happy post.
1. Ingmar Bergman films
2. Great Grandma’s recipe for brown sugar (Swedish) meatballs
3. Astrid Lindgren
4. Wallander TV series (BBC & Yellow Bird Films)
And now for something completely different…
1. Get a jar, and put in one litre of organic milk & kefir grains.
2. Leave for about three days, reach in and fish out all those lumpy grains.
3. Pour the rest into a cheese muslin (j-cloth) resting in a sieve.
4. Once most of the whey has run out, hang over a bowl and let it drip dry.
5. Breath, you have made Kefir Cheese!
Goes great with cherry jam & rye bread, see the Swedish theme still stands – ish.
(Still struggling with the what astrological sign rules fermentation. It must be so obvious I cannot see it…Scorpio? And what about the rising sign of the country Sweden?)